Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Ok admittedly I have been very poor at this in recent weeks, I have a good excuse for my lacklustre contribution to this writing as I have got my myself a job. I am working in essentially an outsourcing company providing it support for a company in the uk. The job entails entry level support which means troubleshooting/admin/trying to fix the problem/ an escalating it to a team when we can’t fix it. I am enjoying so far and I am finding it has given me a good perspective on how big organisations manage there IT.

In my experience I think we are a good help centre. The average call intake is about 30 -35 calls a day and when we are not taking calls, we are chasing up cases and making sure that they are been actioned.

I did however get a good idea of the frustration of call centres today .I was trying to set up my laser card with paypal .In this case I phoned paypal at a cost of 4.50 per minute only to be kept while the paypal advisor tried to spell my email. This is of course is necessary in there eyes with security etc/after 3-4 mins and minus the 12 euro i had my query answered.

In my short time there I have been surprised at the lack of co ordination in regard to any changes throughout the organisation. Usually the only way people notice anything is when things go wrong and usually we are in the firing line. This made me think of two links that I though t might interest those who find themselves dealing with call centres the first the world is flat and the second is something I saw over at tech crunch with call centres .i think more and more the user will be paying for the privilege.
see ether.

No comments: